Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Christmas Decorations

Here is a look at what my house looks like this Christmas. 
 Since I lost all my decorations in the fire I have been busy sewing and replacing everything.  My other decorations were blues, white and silvers with an emphasis on Snowmen.  I decided that since I was buying all new anyways I would change to a more traditional feel.  

 Every year I have said that I want to make a gingerbread house, well this year I finally did it!  It normally does not live under the tree, but it looks better in the picture that way.  

 I am really enjoying having a fireplace!  It is so much fun to decorate it for all the holidays.  These red stockings I sewed as temporary stockings for this year since I didn't have the cross-stitch ones completed yet.  So next year, hopefully, you will see the real stockings!  
Ornaments are for more than just a tree! 

Though I am not quite finished with this Advent Calendar I hung it up anyways for Damian.  It is hard to tell but each train window is a pocket with the chocolate inside.  Damian knows exactly what is in there.  After dinner when we tell him it is advent time he walks right over and reaches up.  Too cute!!! 

My dining room table.  I plan on getting some fresh holly to put in the middle but keep forgetting. Hopefully before Christmas Eve dinner I can remember! 

 They are salt and pepper shakers!

This is the only Christmas decoration that survived the fire, it was hanging up in a back bedroom.  I made this a few years back and I just love it.  You can't tell in the picture, but the tree has actual Christmas lights that twinkle.  

Gotta have a little decoration for my kitchen island.  I love these reindeer tea-light holders. 

 I almost forgot to post a picture of the pets stockings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment