Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy National Quilting Day!

All about Quilts!!!

This first quilt is one that my grandma, my  mothers mom made.  The front is made from all velvet fabrics and doesn't have a specific pattern to it.  
This is the back to the velvet quilt.  It was all hand quilted and cross-stitched together.

 This is another quilt that my grandma made.  The fabrics from this quilt are from clothes that my mom wore as a child, there are also some fabrics from her siblings as well.  I might have to use this idea to make a quilt with some of Damian's baby clothes.

This quilt is one that my mom made. It is a nine patch/hourglass pattern.  My mom and I took a beginners quilting class together at the Quilted Forest to learn the basics of quilting, it was super fun.  

I made this baby quilt for Damian.

This is the first quilt that I made it is lap size nine patch/hourglass pattern and has the softest minky material on the back side.  

This Wedding Ring Quilt belonged to my Grandma Austin, my dads mother.  We aren't sure exactly who quilted it but my dad thinks it was his Aunt Grace. Whomever did it spent a lot of time on it as it is all hand stitched.   It is very old and fragile and I don't use it on beds but I would like to some day display it.

My favorite Quilt store is Greenbaum's Quilted Forest.  They have the prettiest fabrics and the women who work there are so knowledgeable and friendly.  http://www.quiltedforest.com/  If you have a quilt that you made or someone made for you and you would like me to post it please send me a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment