Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Did Mary ever have that baby?!?!

I know, what a horrible blogger I am.  In my defense I have been super busy and haven't had time to hide away in my office and blog away.  Now that I am back at work I have time to keep up with my blog.  I will take you through what we have been doing the last three months in the next few posts. So enjoy and again-sorry!

 Due to medical complications I had to have a c-section 3 weeks prior to my due date.  

 Mason Dominic was born Nov. 8th at 8:05 am weighing 6lbs 5.6 oz and 19.5 inches long. 
Not bad for being 3 weeks early!

 Because he was born early he had respiratory distress and was taken to the NICU and hooked up to the CPAP machine.  Having Mason in the NICU was the hardest and most emotional thing, no one wants to see their child suffering.  He spent a total of two weeks in the NICU and we couldn't have done it without the help of my parents-Thank you!  With their help Mason was never left alone, Damian was entertained and we were fed!  

The NICU staff let big brother pick out a special quilt for Mason, a quilt that we got to keep.  

 The NICU staff is fabulous and are all about "kangaroo time"  which is skin on skin cuddling.  While on the CPAP only parents are allowed to kangaroo so Jorge and I took turns snuggling with our little man.  
 Once the CPAP came off we worked on getting him feeding without his feeding tube.  

Finally big brother was able to hold Mason.  Siblings are allowed in the NICU, however Damian had a cold so we were keeping him away until he was all better.  

On Nov. 22nd we finally got to bring our little man home!  It was so exciting to finally have our family back together and under one roof.  I thank everyone who prayed for him and us

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing his pictures on instagram! Glad you're back to blogging. I hope it's going okay back at work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love you seeing your kiddos too-so cute.

      Delete