Monday, April 16, 2012

Titanic Remembrance Dinner

Sunday night we usually have dinner with my parents and then watch the Amazing Race at our house.  As this past Sunday was the 100th Anniversary of the sinking of Titanic I decided to have an "authentic" first class dinner.  I prepared some dishes that were served in the first class dining room on the eve of the sinking.  It was a black tie affair of course, it isn't everyday that I get to use my fine china.
 My beautifully set table.  
Grandpa provided the replica of the Titanic.
 Damian and Grandpa looking quite dapper.
Yes I know Damian only has one shoe on, he kicked it off right before the picture.
Grandma was unable to make it due to a prior commitment, she was missed.
 Our first course was an iceberg salad...pun intended.
We also had some shrimp and crab dip as appetizers.
Our second course was Chicken Lyonnaise with creamed carrots and Quinoa.  The Quinoa was not served on the Titanic, I just substituted it for puffed rice.  I forgot to take a picture of the nicely plated plate so I had to make one of the leftovers.  Dessert was homemade peach cobbler with with french ice cream and a glass of champagne to toast those that were lost.
I am assuming that the chefs on Titanic did not have a 17 month old a foot.  Hence why my pots and pans are on the ground...whatever keeps the little one happy and entertained!
It was great fun, I love a themed dinner.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I never would have thought to do a Titanic dinner but you all looked so nice!

    ReplyDelete