Saturday, August 6, 2011

Babies first trip to the Capitol

We took my parents friend Joan, visiting from China, to see our states Capitol building.  It is kind of fun to play tourist for the day.

Damian looks so small in front of the entrance.

Hanging out in front of the state seal.

This is the inside of the rotunda.

We climbed all the way to the top of the building.  That is 121 stairs up carrying a 20+ pound baby who was trying to grab the fencing as we were going up, quite the workout.  I love those chubby cheeks!

The pioneer in all his golden glory!

Pop, Damian and Joan posing for me.  Notice Damian is trying to pull poor Joan's hair.

After the Capitol we walked over to Willamette to look around.  The "Star Trees"  as they are called truly do form a star at the top when standing in the middle under them.  

My parents met and fell in love at Willamette.  Campus lore states that if you kiss your sweetheart under the star trees you are destined to marry them :)

2 comments:

  1. Love these pics! Looks like a great time!!! Please eat those baby cheeks for me....they are too nummmmyy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to the capitol building soooooooooooooooo many times and EVERY TIME the stairs are closed, so I have yet to see the golden man up close!

    ReplyDelete